* Nikos Alexandris <n...@nikosalexandris.net> [2018-07-07 01:20:52 +0200]:

Dears,

I have trouble launching wx monitors via `wx0` under Funtoo-Linux. I

...that should be `d.mon wx0`.

guess I have something messy in my system. See also
https://bugs.funtoo.org/browse/FL-5256.

Anyone running Funtoo or Gentoo? Thank you for any hint.

* Maris Nartiss <maris....@gmail.com> [2018-07-11 12:43:09 +0300]:

Hello Nikos,
d.mon wx0 && d.rast map=mymap works just fine on my Gentoo box and
produces a ppm file in tmp directory. Anything fancy on your box
(Wayland)?

No(t yet!).

Special on my box is: I work with the terminology terminal emulator (depends on
EFL).
Yet, I do have the same problem with all terminals I have tried (i.e., uxterm,
Konsole).

.ppm is the "default", based on Cairo, right?

I have wxpython-3.0.2.0 with wxGTK-3.0.3

What are more fundamental dependencies for Graphics? The standard Linux
graphics stack? Is there any special dependency to X, to Mesa, Cairo, to
GLX perhaps?

My laptop has a integrated Intel graphics card, nothing fancy with the
hardware.

Note, while the GRASS GIS GUI works, I do observe many glitches in my system.
Like, zoom in or out, does not refresh properly the display. The "new"
map is rendered on top of the old, resulting in a noisy image.

Thank you Maris.