On 19/05/14 05:30, GRASS GIS wrote:

  And again, even if this were a valid candidate for G6, backporting stuff
  directly to 6.4 without going into devbr6 for at least light/any testing
  first, especially anything which touches core libgis, especially a time
  right before RC release, is incredibly risky for anything which is not a
  critical bug fix, and not an environment I can justify contributing my
  time to.

  sorry if I'm grumpy, but I'm at the end of my rope about this.

  regards,
  Hamish

How about my proposal from a few weeks ago: Nobody commits to grass64release, only to grass6dev, and Hamish is the official maintainer of grass64release and decides what can be backported ?

This obviously can only work if Hamish has the time, so that 6.4.4 is not stalled for lack of manpower.

Moritz