On 17/05/15 12:43, Markus Neteler wrote:
Hi PSC,

... back to this topic of management, I have updated

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Agenda#Openissues

Important are
1) PSC: assign roles to the PSC members (see there)

Looking at the list, I have the feeling that the following are the most important:

- treasurer/financial manager: the issue of how to collect funds from sponsors for code sprints comes up regularly

- release manager: Markus shouldn't have to handle this on his own any longer

- documentation manager / education outreach: these can actually go together. I think that the manual page system works relatively well (some more detailed descriptions and notes and possibly some more examples might be nice), but that we lack a coherent body of up-to-date tutorial-like documentation. Such documentation could be very useful for educational purposes as well

- translation manager: although I think that the translations system seems to work.

But even if we designate documentation and translation managers we cannot expect them to do all the work, so the real question is whether having such managers will bring in more volunteers...

For the first two roles (financial and release) one person to support Markus in these tasks would already make a big difference.

Markus, could you maybe list the different things that need to be done in these roles ?

Moritz