On 2017-03-29 4:32 AM, Moritz Lennert wrote:
On 27/03/17 00:59, Luca Delucchi wrote:
Dear PSC,

In February there was Genova Community Sprint, I'm sorry the event was
not really a success, with this mail I'm going to ask you the funding
for food, transport and Martin plane.

 Here is our expenses [0]. If you need scanned tickets please let me know

Waiting for your feedback.

I understand that with "not really a success" you mean lack of
developers present, but in terms of work done by those who were there I
think it was a success :-)

+1 for funding this, if the our finances allow it.

In the future, we might want to think about a procedure where funding is
approved before the event based on an approximate budget, so as not to
have people take the risk of financing an event and then see its funding
refused afterward...

To speak openly here: I've come to realize that smaller is better. That you got a few community members together face-to-face, to share ideas and talk and even create some code, is a wonderful thing in today's hectic pace. I feel that the success of FOSS4G has caused us to lose that focus, on connecting individuals, instead focusing on large gatherings. I consistently now get pushed away when I offer help to small OSGeo events, 'oh you're used to huge FOSS4G events you wouldn't like this one' etc. Pardon? FOSS4G and OSGeo was created by so many small important gatherings, sharing a beer and coming up with an idea that would go on to change the whole industry. So please don't think any less of a small gathering: you shared a beer and your thoughts with others face to face, and likely those ideas will go on to shape GRASS for the upcoming year! :)

Thank you Luca for your passion and caring.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation