I've just submitted a new version of rgrass7 to CRAN, and the source package is now available. The Windows CRAN binary will follow shortly, but the OSX CRAN Mavericks binary may be delayed. This is because the new version suggests the most recent rgdal_1.0-6, which fixes an issue with the SQLite driver in GDAL2, seen when that driver is available.

The main change is to move the vector interface to using the SQLite format for intermediate files if it is available, and to get around the field name length restriction when using the shapefile format. Users should not see changes in behaviour, but I'd be grateful for reports to ensure that using these alternative mechanisms does not change results. Among other things, the laundering of SQLite field names is turned off, to prevent unintended conversion to lower case.

Suggestions and reports welcome!

Roger

--
Roger Bivand