On Tue, 12 Jan 2016, Roger Bivand wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jan 2016, Markus Neteler wrote:

 On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 8:24 PM, Roger Bivand <roger.biv...@nhh.no> wrote:
>  On Tue, 12 Jan 2016, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:
> >  confirmed, it works now.
> >  great, thanks!
> > > OK, thanks, as I've also made progress on the other problem (using > temporary
>  SQLite files for vector transfer under Windows), I've submitted to CRAN.
> Anyone who installed the 0.1-4 versions for testing will need to install > the
>  CRAN version when/if it appears.

 That's great, thanks for discovering and solving!

On CRAN now (source package), Windows binary will follow. Thanks for help in checking - if the *.py scripts all have *.bat in the locations checked, they should be found.

Does the order of the system and user bin folders matter? Should we care if the addons are duplicated?

Maybe released too fast, unfortunately. For use of R in a running GRASS session with addons, this version should be fine.

However, it will not work for initGRASS(), which does not set GRASS_ADDON_BASE or GRASS_ADDON_PATH.

Where should I look to see where the correct values are stored on Unix (Linux and OSX?) and Windows? I see: GRASS_ADDON_BASE as GNU/Linux is $HOME/.grass7/addons, on MS Windows $APPDATA\GRASS7\addons in:

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/variables.html

Is %APPDATA% a predictable location on Windows?

What happens if the user sets prefix= in g.extension?

On Windows, adding GRASS_ADDON_BASE\bin to the PATH is sufficient (because all scripts in /scripts have a matching *.bat in /bin. On Unix, we need both /scripts (for Python scripts) and /bin for compiled extensions. Do we need toolboxes?

Best wishes,

Roger

Best wishes,

Roger