Replying only on grass-stat as not subscribed to grass-web.

Thanks, Vero, well spotted. The error message (image in Pratik's post - please never post pictures, only ever plain text) indicates that the current release is being used, but that the message at:

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-stats/2019-August/001802.html

has not been read. It is also wrong to say that anything is an RStudio script; RStudio is !NOT! R, but rather a for-profit corporation (well-meaningly) distorting the idea of what R can do.

As you noted, Pratik has not read the help page for the called function either, as SG= is an R SpatialGrid object used to instantiate a new temporary location, but the location is being given here. The function would fail anyway because the the next call to sp::bbox(SG) would not find a method for a character string. I'll improve the error message in the next release (87eaa6c on https://github.com/rsbivand/rgrass7).

As author and maintainer of rgrass7, I strongly advise against using initGRASS() on an existing location - the function was written to permit the use of throwaway, one-time locations for using GRASS modules on user data not in GRASS.

If you have a location, start GRASS first, then R within GRASS to be sure to get consistency in your use of the GRASS environment and location. If RStudio gets in the way, that is RStudio's problem; on Linux, RStudio works correctly started in the terminal in which GRASS was started (can be run with $ rstudio & to get the prompt back), and in the Layer Manager Console (I have not found out how to put rstudio in the background in the Layer Manager Console, which remains blocked until rstudio exits).

I also think here that Pratik does not have a valid location, as <gisDbase>/<location>/PERMANENT/DEFAULT_WIND could not have existed for the code with the error message to be reached. Had GRASS been run on the location at all? Were the data where they should have been? Using PERMANENT as the user mapset is also bad practice.

Hope this helps,

Roger