Matt,

to me both work, the -text mode and the -gui mode as well. And with the
EPSG code's, it's so easy to define a LOCATION.

just wondering if you added the following repositories in your
sources.list file:

deb http://les-ejk.cz/ubuntu gutsy multiverse
deb-src http://les-ejk.cz/ubuntu gutsy multiverse

I don't suggest that there is a problem with any version! Just
curious... !

Cheers,

Nikos.

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 07:52 +0100, opopanax wrote:
> Hi Matt,
> but does the GUI  worknow as well?
> I'm using Ubuntu 7.10 and GRASS 6.2.3 and have no problems starting
> the GIS.
> If it doesn't work  have a look to the database directory entry.  The
> last word inside hast to be /home/user/grassdata. In my case the
> browser button does not work as I want to, so I have to type the path
> instead of using the browser.
>
> Have luck
> cheers
> Philipp
>
> Matt wrote:
> > Thanks for the help.  Starting grass with -text worked and I was
> > able to create a new location.

Nikos Alexandris
.
Department of Remote Sensing & Landscape Information Systems
Faculty of Forestry & Environmental Sciences, Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg
.
Tel.  +49 (0) 761 203 3697 / Fax.  +49 (0) 761 203 3701 / Skype:
Nikos.Alexandris
.
Address: Tennenbacher str. 4, D-79106 Freiburg i. Br., Germany