Hi,

if you already have a raster that fits your region then simply create a
MASK and just create a new raster with r.mapcalc.

r.mapcalc clipped_rast=rast

(r.mapcalc works only on the MASK so you can quickly clip any raster
like that).

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 00:15 +0100, G. Allegri wrote:
> Surely a stupid question, but I can't find a way to clip a raster on
> the base of the region settings and/or the base of a vector. I can
> MASK, I can reclass, but I can't clip!
> Furthermore, is it possible to rotate a raster without the use of a
> 1st polynomial rectification through GCPs?
>
> Giovanni
Nikos Alexandris
.
Department of Remote Sensing & Landscape Information Systems
Faculty of Forestry & Environmental Sciences, Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg
.
Tel.  +49 (0) 761 203 3697 / Fax.  +49 (0) 761 203 3701 / Skype:
Nikos.Alexandris
.
Address: Tennenbacher str. 4, D-79106 Freiburg i. Br., Germany