The docs for r.describe mention two kinds of reports that can be selected for
output. I
can't find any evidence of this by experimenting with the module. Specifically,
the docs mention
that a 'range' report can be generated, where negative min/max, zero, and
positive min/max values are reported, and
a 'Full List' report (which seems to be the program default output). Is the
former just old
relic behavior that has been superseded and not updated in the docs? I wanted
to be sure before
scrapping it from the manpage. I can't seem to get the program to output values
the way this report mode is described.

~ Eric.