Hi list,

For a couple of days I've been trying to create three different areas from a
polygon  (outer boundary) and two contour lines. The polygon is
rectangle-shaped, while the contours intersect the rectangle on the right hand
side boundary. Is there a way to create three different areas from these vector
maps? I've tried v.path, v.overlay and v.clean but somehow the contour lines
are not broken at the intersection with the rectangle so no areas are created.
Any hints?

Thanks!

Jaime