Dear all,

I intend to mosaic two 24 bit images in LAT LON location.
I imported a 24 bit coloured PNG image in Grass using r.in.gdal in an x-y
location.
GRASS treated it as a combination of three 8 bit images, one for red, one for
green,
and one for blue and imported them as three separate maps.

After going through the archives, I tried to use r.patch to combine all the
three components.
The output of which wasn't a 24bit image but was only one of the components.
(Not coloured)

d.rgb module does display a coloured 24 bit image after inputing the three
components to it.

I geocoded them to get non-coloured 8 bit geocoded images in the target
location.

I did the same for the second 24 bit image.
Mosaicing works fine(i.image.mosaic), but i need to use 8 bit images(24 bit
images converted to 8 bit images prior to importing, using xv; resolution weak)
or any one of the 8 bit components of a 24 bit image.

Is there a way to mosaic 24 bit images and to output it as a single 24 bit
image?

Regards
Nagesh