Tim Michelsen pisze:
Maciej Sieczka wrote:
Moritz Lennert wrote:

So, normally, if you don't give a layer all the shapefiles in the
 directory (dsn=) will be imported.

Note this loads the Shapefiles as *layers* (in the GRASS meaning of
it) of a single output vector map. Not necessarily what one might
want.

That means that they would get imported as patched tiles?

Not exactly - the geometry would be in a single vector map, but each
ex-tile would have a separate attribute table and categories of features
in each ex-tile would not be unique cross-layer. Read about the layer
concept in the GRASS manual.

Here is my workflow

1) import all landcovers in the UTM location=> v.in.ogr 2) patch all
landcover tiles => v.patch in=list_of_tiles out=tiles_all 3) import
the tiles_all into the lat/lon location

That's different than what you wrote initially - you wrote you need to
reproject first, and then import all reprojected tiles into one location.

Given the above workflow, mind that each UTM zone is a different CRS
actually. Do all your shapefiles fit into a single UTM zone?

Can this be done more efficiently?

You can patch and reproject multiple shapefiles with ogr2ogr alone. See
it's manual. Then import into GRASS location in a single v.in.ogr step.

You will, however, need a loop for the v.proj step...

ogr2ogr is more convenient than going through a temporary location creation, Shapefile import and reprojection with v.proj, IMHO. Much
less work.

If I want to change the projection of the lat/lon location with
g.setproj do I also need to reporject all layers inside that
location?

I don't quite understand what you mean.

Maciek

--