On Feb 16, 2009, at 7:40 AM, <grass-user-requ...@lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:17:27 +0100
From: "G. Allegri" <gioha...@gmail.com>
Subject: [GRASS-user] create raster from line vector
To: grassuser <grass-user@lists.osgeo.org>

Hello everyone.
A simple question, but I'm getting mad with it!
I simply have to convert a vector line to raster. I've done it many
times in the past, but this time I can't make it work:

v.to.rast input=border output=border use=val type=line layer=1 value=1

The output is simply blank (MAX and MIN values are NULL)
What stupid error am I doing?

Giovanni

Did you set your computational region to match the vector using g.region? Regardless of what you see in the display, your computational region needs to be set so that GIS operations work on the map or parts of map you want.

Michael