On 25/02/09 14:33, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
Wesley:
I see that I would need to upgrade to 6.4 using svn. I currently
install using synaptic, does this mean I need to compile from source
and then add the m.eigensystem addon?
Not sure about f77, is this a fortran compiler? I have gfortran
compiler version 4.2.3, will this do?

(@Hamish: apologies for the interference :-p)

Wesley,

perhaps it's better to upgrade to 6.4 (or why not to grass6_devel =
grass65 ?). grass needs to be compiled first (don't install), then
compile m.eigensystem and install in the end grass.

I don't know whether this was already implemented in 6.3, but nowadays one does not need to the source code, nor compiling GRASS by oneself to be able to add add-ons. On Debian, you can just install the grass-dev package and then use something like:

make MODULE_TOPDIR=/usr/lib/grass

Moritz