The dbf file started life as an ascii file written in Textwrangler. I converted via v.in.ascii. The code I used was reminiscent of what I use to use to create a site using s.in.ascii. I couldn't find out if the codes changed for v.in.ascii.

I have tried using various databases for my archaeological sites, without success. I tried following the book but I must be missing something. I have SQLite Browser, it seems easy to use, but I have trouble connecting it. (I haven't touched it in a while.) How do you set up the columns for easting and northing (UTM). What about other kinds of data (in this case the Catalog number). Then how do you make it display as a point vector (in this case). The GRASS book is a little vague, when I need a step by step approach.

Thanks for your help.

Kurt