Pedro Roma wrote:
By the way. Instead of being setting everytime g.region xxxx -p can I save a region definition
As it says in the g.region manual:
     save=name
          Save current region settings in named region file
So:
g.region xxxx -p save=<your_region_name>
and use it everytime? If so, how do I load region definition in a script?
Each time you start GRASS it begins with the region settings from the previous session. You can go to any other saved region by:
g.region region=<your_region_name>

Thanks

Best regards
Pedro

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Glynn Clements <gl...@gclements.plus.com <mailto:gl...@gclements.plus.com>> wrote:

    Pedro Roma wrote:

    > Ok but for instance. If my region is defined with a Spatial
    Resolution of
    > 1kilometer and, if I do some r.mapcalc with two LANDSAT images,
    the output
    > image will have which one of the resolutions? the Region or the
    2 landsat
    > images?

    The region.

    Most raster modules (including r.mapcalc) generate maps with the
    bounds and resolution of the current region. Input maps are cropped,
    padded and/or resampled to the current region, so all processing
    within the module takes place on the grid defined by the current
    region.

    The main exceptions are the r.in.* modules, which import files
    cell-for-cell, using the bounds specified in the file's metadata if
    present. The current region is ignored.

    Modules which perform their own resampling (e.g. r.resamp.*, r.proj)
    create output maps according to the current region but read their
    input maps without cropping or resampling.

    --
    Glynn Clements <gl...@gclements.plus.com
    <mailto:gl...@gclements.plus.com>>

This mail was received via Mail-SeCure System.

This mail was received via Mail-SeCure System.

--
Micha Silver
Arava Development Co. +972-52-3665918