Hi Hamish,
thank you,
yes, I tried the export button but the .tif or .png file has a bad resolution and if you want to export a topographic map it is not readable. This happens also if the region resolution is high (1 m) and in the display monitor the display is good enough to read heights and houses names (it is a 1:10.000 scale map). Is there a way to control the output image resolution?

cheers
Francesco

Hamish wrote:
Francesco wrote:
I am also trying to export a display. I found d.out.file
was great as it  could export also as geotiff.
Is it planned for it to be also in wxpython new gui?

No, due to the different display driver used it is not possible.

But the map display canvas has a save image button, which is next
to the printer button.  (devs: can we set the default for that to
PNG?)

Hamish