<headdesk>

Thanks!

The handling of overlapping areas is the reason I keep recompiling the older version of v.buffer as v.oldbuffer. This lets me use the old debug flag to prevent it from cleaning the areas, which I can then turn into discrete areas instead of having them combined by the newer version. Which reminds me, since the latest upgrade ...

RC