On 14/03/12 12:47, Rich Shepard wrote:
  From a thread a couple of months ago I learned that nviz will allow only a
single vector map to be draped over the raster base map. For presentation
purposes using ps.map I need multiple vector maps to be displayed on the
raster map.

  Is the best approach to use v.overlay (with the union/OR option) to create
a single vector map that can be incorporated with the raster DEM with nviz?
Or, is there a better approach?

TIA,

Rich

No, actually you can load more vector layers over a raster map using nviz

for example you can type

    nviz elevation=dem vect=streets,streams

and you will be loading two vector layers (streets and streams) over a raster dem map.

If you have nviz already loaded you have to go to Visualize/Lines 3D Polygons or Points and use "New" button. To switch the layer configuration just pick the button with name of the layer in front of "Current".

--
Juan David Rondón Díaz
Tesista de Ingeniería Ambiental