I have used v.patch on about 6 or seven maps that I had to manually edit the dbf tables. All of the column headers are the same, and the v.patch -e was used. The procedure worked. now the dbf file exists, but the catagory values are not unique and I can't access the table information. what can i do?
many thanks,

Stephen

--
Stephen Sefick
Auburn University

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are so little
or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and make us feel like
gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the annoying little problems of
being mammals.

                                -K. Mullis

"A big computer, a complex algorithm and a long time does not equal science."

                              -Robert Gentleman