Paulo wrote:
> Would it be very difficult to implement an option where rather then
> splitting the area between the two maps, the same area is shown for both
> maps (i.e., mirrored maps). In that option, moving one map would move the
> other map too. This makes it easier to see changes between two maps in
> detail. In case my explanation isn't clear, a nice example is the MIrrorMap
> plug-in for QGIS.

another online example of the idea here:
   http://joerichards.dev.openstreetmap.org/index-new.html

And IIRC if you look in the addons(?) repo for grass 6 you'll find a tool
developed to update the other frames or xmons + d.redraw as you moved
around the "master" display. Maybe just in the ML archives though, I
forget.

I guess either swipe or full clone with two mouse cursors will be better
for different people in different situations. Depends on the task. See
also the argyle/diamond r.mapcalc overlay trick in the GRASS Book vol.1
(not sure if it is in later editions too).

Hamish