On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 10:01 PM, Milton Cezar Ribeiro
<miltinho.astrona...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mohamed and Markus
>
> Mohamed, thanks for your reply, I will wait for a solution within GRASS :-)
>
> Markus, thanks for your reply,. Sorry  but I disagree a tiny bit,
> because is expected that between a source and target I will find a
> solution with the Least Cost path. Do you think that is there any
> situation where a least cost between source and target will not be
> found? Maybe if other software provide the soluction, although is not
> the bestest option, I prefere receive one complete output than a
> broken one.

r.drain works for me as expected when the input comes from r.cost,
i.e. movement directions are supplied. In this case the path does not
stop at a border. If the input is a DEM and directions are not
supplied, r.drain stops at borders, as it should do, because drainage
the direction can not be determined. r.drain, as the name implies,
traces a drainage path by following the steepest slope. It is not a
least cost path search module, for that you need to use r.cost +
r.drain.

Markus M