Hi list!

In ps.map,

is it (not) possible to overlay a color-filled rectangle, which exceeds the map
frame/border, and by doing so, it should be on top of the border?

Currently, no matter what I try, the map border is drawn on top of the
rectangle (within which I have placed a color table/legend).

The colortable does not feature a background option (according to the manual
-- blindly tested as well)!?

Is there a trick to overcome this problem? (--yes, I want to break the
convention of being inside the map frame)

Thanks, Nikos