Hi

I am cleaning up a bit the data mess which accumulated on my computer over the
years (different locations, mapsets and so on) (I wish I was more tidy ;-)).
I am a bit careful here because I do not want to damage precious data, so I
would like to reassure that I am not doing something stupid:

In this context of reorganizing my data I would like to assign a new coordinate
system to an existing Location in GRASS 7 (or 6) (without reprojection) because
defined CRS is wrong / deprecated.

In GRASS 6 this could be done using g.setproj which is integrated into g.proj
in GRASS 7 where I could do g.proj -c epsg=3045, right (I found GRASS 7 manual
for g.proj not as informative for that purpose as the dialog in GRASS 6
g.setproj)?. Did I understand tha manual correctly that this would apply to all
mapsets in the Location and all data is afterwards treated as if it was in the
new CRS (no reprojection)?

As a cleaner alternative I thought I could move mapsets from one location (with
wrong/derpecated CRS definition) to a location with another, proper CRS
definition (in other words merge existing locations). Would that be save and is
the mapset then interpreted as if was in the other CRS of the location I moved
it to? And finally, if the latter is save, can do this also with the PERMANENT
mapset (after deleting PERMANENT specific data (PROJ_INFO, PROJ_UNITS,
DEFAULT_WIND)?
I was thinking of archiving mapsets by moving them to archive-locations. Would
be really nice if that is no problem...

Thanks in advance for helping.

Cheers
Stefan