Hi Martin and Leo,

The GRASS community sprint will take place very soon (19 to 22 July) at
Como (Italy) and Luca said he will work on g.gui.tplot... so, I'm confident
there will be a solution... You can check here [0] :)

In any case, have you tried reproducing this behavior with North Carolina
data set??? Creating a strds with any of the maps there, setting a null
value and then plotting???

Cheers,
Vero

[0] http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Community_Sprint_Como_2015