On Mon, 27 Jul 2015, Glynn Clements wrote:

The wxPython version is handled by the CheckForWx() function in
gui/wxpython/core/globalvar.py. The default is taken from the
GRASS_WXVERSION environment variable if that's defined, otherwise it
allows wxversion to select the version, subject to the constraint that the
version must be at least 2.8.10.1.

Glynn,

  I see that wxversion checks for a version >=2.8.10.1. As both 2.8.12.1 and
3.0.2.0 are installed I would expect CheckForWx() to find one or the other.

  Where should I define GRASS_WXVERSION so globalvar.py finds it?
~/.bash_profile was not checked.

Thanks,

Rich