On 26/08/15 16:26, Paulo van Breugel wrote:

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 2:17 PM, Moritz Lennert
<mlenn...@club.worldonline.be <mailto:mlenn...@club.worldonline.be>> wrote:

    On 26/08/15 13:25, henk witte wrote:

        Well, this is embarrassing – I cannot open my own pack!

        I created a new workspace with a default Cartesian projection
        but if I
        try to unpack I get

        IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\he

        nkwitte.GROENHOLLAND\\Documents\\grassdata/test/henkwitte/.t

        mp/unknown/8544.0\\PROJ_INFO'

        I have tries also with using the current-location-projection
        option, but
        same error.

    v.unpack uses a simple check to verify that the data you want to
    import is in the same projection system as the location. It does so
    by checking the PROJ_INFO file that sits in the PERMANENT mapset.
    But cartesian (i.e. un projected) locations do not have such a file,
    thus the error.

    This means that in its current state v.unpack cannot import data
    into a xy-location which I would consider a bug that should be
    reported in the bug tracker.

You can use the "override project check" option (-o) I guess, if you
know that both your data and the target location are both in
xy-location. I use that to importat latlon pack.

Henk tried that, but it didn't work since the part reading PROJ_INFO comes before this flag comes into play in the script...

AFAICT, in the script, the flag only comes into play if projections are found, but they are not identical.

Moritz