Good evening and happy weekend!
I am (still) upgrading from 6.4.4 to 7.0.3 and I discovered that the vector
topography of all my data is not upwards compatible so per the instructions at
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Convert_all_GRASS_6_vector_maps_to_GRASS_7 I
am (trying) to us v.build.all to update the topography.  I had installed GRASS
with MSYS from OSGEO4W but that goodness uses the unix-like msys shell as the
command console - which for what I need is perfect ... I can copy/paste
commands to test as I write shell scripts to do GIS magic. BUT ... go ahead and
try to run v.build.all ... and nope - it isn't going to let you. Ends up
v.build.all (and many other modules) are Windows Batch files !! the msys
command console won't run the GRASS modules that are Windows Batch files.  I
was able to work around this a little issue by also installing just the regular
GRASS 7.0.3 (they install in different directories) and run the v.build.all
from the Windows cmd console (it is the standard command console that runs with
"normal" 7.0.3 (not from OSGEO4W) but which won't run any of the code I put
into a shell script because, well, it's unix shell not DOS - hence the need for
msys)... I was going to drop a note to the OSGEO4W project about the issue but
the same thing is part of the current (non-OSGEO4W) package ... look in
\Program Files\GRASS GIS 7.0.3\bin\ and you'll see many executables (compiled
python scripts I assume) and quite a few Windows Batch files.... why is this?
Should they not all be compiled executables ??
I don't understand this and it makes it really hard to create shell scripts to
run the modules...
Thanks,
Chris

Chris Bartolomei P.E.
Engineer/Scientist
ENSCO, Inc.
bartolomei.ch...@ensco.com

The information contained in this email message is intended only for the use of
the individual(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged and sensitive. If you are not the intended recipient, or otherwise
have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately
by email at the above referenced address and note that any further
prohibited.

The U.S. Export Control Laws regulate the export and re-export of technology
originating in the United States. This includes the electronic transmission of
information and software to foreign countries and to certain foreign nationals.
Recipient agrees to abide by these laws and their regulations -- including the
U.S. Department of Commerce Export Administration Regulations and the U.S.
Department of State International Traffic in Arms Regulations -- and not to
transfer, by electronic transmission or otherwise, any content derived from
this email to either a foreign national or a foreign destination in violation
of such laws.