On 09/06/16 12:55, Uwe Fischer wrote:
Moritz,

thank you very much for your help. I understand so far whats going on. But I
did not choose any menu items; I typed v.in.ogr in the console window, and then
the reduced wizard showed up. So the flag --ui is what I need.

Is --ui available for every GRASS command?

Yes. You can see it if you la

Or is there a way for the user to see/to learn if 2 wizards for the same
command are existing?

Not really, AFAIK. --ui _always_ brings up the actual module GUI. Normally, launching a module with just its name does the same, but for the import and export modules special treatments have been decided within the wxGUI. If you launch the same module in a terminal, you get the original (--ui) GUI.

I personally find this confusing and would have prefered a separate "Import wizard" entry in the GUI menu (with possible g.gui.vimport/rimport modules), but others have the feeling that this makes life easier for newcomers...

In most cases, I'd love to see all options available because my input datasets
often require filtering, selecting or setting tolerances.

+1.

You will always get all options using --ui.

Moritz