> On Aug 4, 2017, at 2:03 AM, Even Rouault <even.roua...@spatialys.com> wrote:
>
> As column width is just a hint in SQLite and has no influence on the database
> structure (you can insert fields that are longer than the declared size), you
> can just edit the sqlite_master table (which is generaly a dangerous game,
> and must be done only when you know what you are doing)
>
> With the sqlite3 shell :
>
> PRAGMA writable_schema = 1;
> UPDATE SQLITE_MASTER SET SQL = 'CREATE TABLE
> TrailSegment_12(column_definitions_before_name, NAME CHARACTER(128),
> column_definitions_after_name) ' WHERE NAME = 'TrailSegment_12';
> PRAGMA writable_schema = 0;
>
> so basically get the existing SQL definitions of the table with "SELECT SQL
> FROM SQLITE_MASTER WHERE NAME = 'TrailSegment_12'", edit it to change the
> column width, and put it in the above UPDAT

Hi Even,

Thanks for your help.

If I could figure out exactly what you mean, I think this might be the most
elegant solution.

But when I run:

sqlite> SELECT sql FROM sqlite_master WHERE type = 'TrailSegment_12’;
sqlite>

It doesn’t display anything and just returns to the sqlite prompt.

Best,

Jeshua Lacock
Founder/Engineer
<3DTOPO.com>