On 08/02/18 20:15, Mary Muir wrote:
I think something along the lines of the following added to the wiki would be useful.

To see custom symbols in the GUI, you need to make a thumbnail image with ps.map and inkscape. See gui/symbols/README in the grass source code for a script to do that.

Put the resulting pngs in the same ./gui/images/symbols/ directory structure.

Thanks for the text. However, looking at the wiki page I had the feeling that this fits better in the page linked under "Authoring instructions", i.e.: https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Programming_Howto#Display_Symbols.

So I added it there. If you think that we should also add it to the IconSymbols page, please let me know where you think it would fit best.

Moritz

On 2018-02-07 07:15 AM, Moritz Lennert wrote:
On 06/02/18 21:35, Mary Muir wrote:
I was wondering if anyone plans to update the wiki https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/IconSymbols ?

As far as I can tell, this is the only documentation that exists on adding custom symbols to grass however it fails to mention the need to add png images to their gui/image/symbols directory so that the users can select them from the gui.

Thanks for the hint. Would you be willing to provide an update ?

Moritz