I have a high-resolution vector coastline, and I extracted the vertices of this
coastline to points using 'v.to.points use=vertex'. I am trying to find the
nearest raster slope value from another map to these points, and then upload
this slope to the attribute table of the vector points coastline. To do this, I
converted the raster slope map to points with r.to.vect, and successfully
uploaded the nearest slope value from the now vector slope map to the vector
points coastline with v.distance, using a dmax=200.

Ok, now to my problem: I want to get the vector coastline points back onto the
original vector *lines* coastline, with all the point attributes as well. Since
the vector coastline points were derived from the vertices of the coastline map
in the first place, they are spatially  coincident, but I can't find a
processing method that does this. Ideally, I suppose the coastline points map
could act as breakpoints to the coastline polyline map, and the attributes
would be transferred based on a buffer of something like one metre or less.

Any ideas on how I might do this?

Thanks,

--
Eric