Hi Massi,

[I imagine your mail was supposed to go onto the mailing list and not just to me...]

On 15/05/18 14:35, Massi Alvioli wrote:
Hi GRASS HPC users,

we (Massimiliano Alvioli and Ivan Marchesini, at CNR IRPI http://www.irpi.cnr.it) spent a significant amonut of time using GRASS on local multi-core machines, remote machines running the PBS jobs scheduler and also HPC machines, mainly the former Galileo and Marconi clusters and at CINECA (Italy), running the SLURM job scheduler. We never published anything on the subject, but we will be happy to discuss with other interested people.

I just presented GRASS and a short overview over GRASS on HPC yesterday at the FOSS4F-FR and there was a lot of interest for this. Several people asked me about specific documentation on the subject.

Currently, I'm aware of the following wiki pages which each potentially touches on some aspects of HPC:

https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Parallel_GRASS_jobs
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Working_with_GRASS_without_starting_it_explicitly
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_and_Shell
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Performance
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Large_raster_data_processing
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Large_vector_data_processing

Then there are elements in some presentations:

https://fosdem.org/2018/schedule/event/geo_grass/
https://archive.fosdem.org/2015/schedule/event/grass_7/

This does not make it easy for people to find a one-stop place for guidance on how to work with GRASS in a cluster environment by parallelizing jobs.

So, it would be great to create one "GRASS HPC" wiki page and collect and structure all relevant info there.

Moritz