I have a point map of weather stations and records since about 2005. The
attribute table has 113,570 rows; each row has the station name and date as
the primary key and there are 20 attribute columns. The reason I imported
all 20 attributes is to learn how to turn this map into a spatio-temporal
vector. The data have lon-lat geographic coordinates and were reprojected to
the project location's SRS.

  I'm trying to obtain attribute data for the two stations within the
project area by clicking on the point using the 'query item' button on the
map display window.

  One worked fine; the other shows a clock and doesn't produce a result even
after a 5 minute wait.

  Is this an unusual request of grass on a 32-bit workstation with 4G RAM?

Rich