Dear Markus,

thanks for your advice. You are right, the best thing would be to enhance the statistical package.

No, it is not about major streams only but the method is just implemented in a way that it can only deal with two confluences at one point.

All the best,

Mira

On 11/07/18 22:01, Markus Metz wrote:

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 3:55 AM, Huidae Cho <gras...@gmail.com <mailto:gras...@gmail.com>> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Not sure if I understood your question. Are you trying to extract major streams only? r.stream.extract already returns a valid stream network with confluences snapped to the main stem. Also, limiting the number of confluent streams and moving (?) streams at the confluences are two different tasks, I believe. Maybe, you need to be more specific with some examples.

Limiting the number of confluent streams would conflict with both the method to determine flow directions and the method to extract streams. Moving streams at confluences a tiny little bit is IMHO a custom post-processing step.

I would rather suggest to enhance the R package SSN such that it can deal with more than two streams joining at a confluence. But maybe SSN is meant to work with major streams only, in which case the threshold to extract streams would need to be increased.

Markus M