That seems very interesting! Any plans to support PLY?

Carlos

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 9:32 AM, Saber Razmjooei <
saber.razmjo...@lutraconsulting.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry to hijack the discussion related to GRASS. But, we are working a new
> library to handle mesh data. MDAL is currently supported in QGIS. But the
> idea is to make it generic so other OS GIS application can handle the mesh
> layer through a generic library similar to GDAL. Here is more info about
> MDAL:
> https://lutraconsulting.github.io/mdal-web/
>
> You can find some example of the formats supported there too.
>
> Regards
> Saber
>

> On Tue, 2 Oct 2018 at 03:01, Vaclav Petras <wenzesl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 4:45 PM Francois Chartier <fra.chart...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Can Grass GIS create a 3D unstructured grid based on a 3D point data set
>>> ?
>>>

>> All data and visualizations at the following website were created in
>> GRASS GIS including a 3D regular grid (3D raster in GRASS GIS) interpolated
>> from a set of 3D points (vector which is 3D, i.e. with z, in GRASS GIS).
>> Points were soil properties measurement at different depths, 3D raster is
>> then continuous representation of a selected property.
>>
>> https://geospatial.ncsu.edu/geoforall/multidim-geovis.html
>>
>> Module used for interpolation was v.vol.rst:
>>
>> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/v.vol.rst.html
>>
>> Vaclav
>

> --
> Saber Razmjooei
> www.lutraconsulting.co.uk
> +44 (0)7568 129733

Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann
Institute of Energy and Environment - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil
- Digital Terrain Analysis | GIS | Remote Sensing -

http://carlosgrohmann.com
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5073-5572