(keeping on the maillist)

On 18/04/2019 19:03, Mehrdad Varedi wrote:
Hi Micha,
I really appreciate your feedback and thanks for your explanation.

What I am interested to do is finding where the water is accumulated after a rainfall or snowmelt under the ground. It doesn't need to form a river and any path of accumulation under the ground is what I am searching for.
I was thinking probably the Flow accumulation or TWI somehow might be a way to find such locations.

Now, do you think that r.watershed  is the best way to go or any other solution comes to your mind?

In my opinion those are the wrong tools for groundwater flow. But you might have a look at the r.gwflow module.

And there are many other software applications designed explicitly for ground water flow: Hydrus or Kineros come to mind.

Thank you and kind regards,

Mehrdad