On 26/06/2019 23:44, Markus Metz wrote:

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 10:16 PM Micha Silver <tsvi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> micha@TP480:code$ ogrinfo -so ../GIS/Ashalim/ashalim_train_pts.gpkg
> INFO: Open of `../GIS/Ashalim/ashalim_train_pts.gpkg'
>       using driver `GPKG' successful.
> 1: ashalim_train_pts (Point)
> 2: layer_styles (None)
>

> The style ??!!
>

> I removed that "layer_styles" table from the gpkg db, and deleted the entry from gpkg_contents, and now the import works.
>
> Who would have guessed ?
>
> I suppose that I should have specified the layer in v.import to avoid this problem.

Yes, specifying the layer should work.

I have seen this layer_styles layer before in other GPKG files but don't know what this is good for. GDAL documentation at
does not mention any style information.

It comes from QGIS, where you can save a default layer styling directly into the gpkg. Very convenient, but I never thought it would appear to GRASS as a second layer without geometry or CRS.

AFAICT, layers in a GPKG should contain vector geometries.

Markus M

--
Micha Silver
Ben Gurion Univ.