Hi Markus,

I am not sure whether GMLAS is currently supported:
ogr2ogr -f GeoJSON SMALL.json GMLAS:SMALL.gml -oo REMOVE_UNUSED_LAYERS=YES -oo REMOVE_UNUSED_FIELDS=YES -sql "SELECT * FROM groundsurface"
throws
"FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource `GMLAS:SMALL.gml' with the following drivers.
  -> `OGR_GRASS'
  -> `PCIDSK'
  -> `PDF'
 [...]
"
-> with no mentioning of GMLAS as a driver option.

Best,
Peter

You need to rebuild GDAL accordingly, but

> override for the import-driver:
>
> ogr2ogr -f GeoJSON SMALL.json GMLAS:SMALL.gml -oo REMOVE_UNUSED_LAYERS=YES -oo REMOVE_UNUSED_FIELDS=YES -sql "SELECT * FROM groundsurface"

apparently GMLAS is supported. What is the exact error message for " GDAL2.3.1 in GRASS refuses to accept the "GMLAS:""?

Markus M