On 03/10/2019 23:56, Rich Shepard wrote:
Reading the manual pages for v.stream.network, v.stream.order, and
v.stream.profiler in the extensions doc I see details for the input options
but all descriptions refer to raster files.

The v.stream.* modules all take vector maps as input.

Are there more detailed docs that show examples using the vector modules
along with the raster modules?

I've a complex, extensive, river network as a vector file. I've not
extracted streams, basins, or watersheds from the DEM and I'd like to
run the v.stream.* modules on my vector stream network. Possible?

Maybe yes, but if this refers to the project that you've posted about recently, then you have a high resolution LIDAR-based DEM of the basin. These v.stream.* modules are intended to work with vector outputs from the r.stream.* modules.

If you are going to ignore that and use a vector stream network from some other source, then be aware:

1- This alternate stream network must be topologically correct

2- Stream vector segments should all be in downstream direction (the outlet reach *must* be directed downstream).

3- You might not be able to make use of the DEM for other analyses, since it won't match the stream network.

TIA,

Rich
Micha Silver
Ben Gurion Univ.