Hi,

On 28/09/20 13:52, BHARATH RAM wrote:
Hello,

I want to generate a set of random DEMs ( epsg code known to me). I am aware that I need to use r.surf.fractal and specify fractal dimension.

But how do I specify other parameters of the raster map (like length & breadth, resolution?)

You just set the computational region using g.region. Any map you create will respect that setting.

Also, can you guide me towards how generate a set of many such maps using scripting?

The answer here really depends on your level of existing knowledge. Most people nowadays prefer using Python for scripting, although you can also create simple shell scripts. I would suggest that you read through https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_APIs first and come back to us if you have more specific questions.

Also, are there any tips for me to follow so as to make this (DEM raster map) dataset generation as fast as possible?

Speed will depend on the size of the maps you create.

Moritz