Am 17.08.2021 09:38 schrieb Stefan Blumentrath:
Hi Donovan,

Did you try the suggestion from the error message to use the -o flag?

That overwrites the projection check and should link the data assuming
the projection of your GRASS mapset.

That is a useful workaround, but I would still consider Donovan's observation as a bug, so please post an issue about it. Make sure to indicate which version of GRASS GIS you are working with, including the GDAL and PROJ versions as there has been quite a lot of change in that domain across the latest releases.

Moritz

Cheers

Stefan

FROM: grass-user <grass-user-boun...@lists.osgeo.org> ON BEHALF OF
Donovan Cameron
 SENT: tirsdag 17. august 2021 07:06
 TO: grass-user@lists.osgeo.org
 SUBJECT: Re: [GRASS-user] v.external, postgis materialized views and
projection

On 2021-08-16 12:18 p.m., Phillip Allen wrote:

I am not sure about GRASS's quirks in respect to this problem but I
do see in QGIS that in my views I often have to specifically CAST my
geometries so QGIS can see the Z & M values:

example: SELECT b. sample_id, b. au_ppm, b. as_ppm, b. cu_ppm,
ST_TRANSFORM(b.geom, 32718 )::geometry(LineStringZM,32718) FROM
bore_hole b;

Tested on a new set of polygons and casted but it didn't make a
difference. GRASS doesn't like ST_Transform on materialized views it
looks like.

All the views are opening in QGIS fine and with their correct
projection and geometry type (with and without casting to a specific
type).

On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 1:10 PM Saulteau Don <sault....@gmail.com>