Dear Veronica

thank you for your answer

I understand your point but I still believe that the code is not working properly for my aims

I try to explain myself with an example.

According to the example in the tutorial:

the first command creates a weekly mask based on my data (daily precipitation in 2021):

t.rast.aggregate input=test2021 output=weekly_mask basename=mask_week granularity="1 week" method=count nprocs=10

The second command add to the weekly value (7) the value of the consecutive days in the week period

t.rast.algebra base=test_rr_maggiore_1mm expression="test_consecutive_days_rr_maggiore_1mm = weekly_mask {+,contains,l} if(test2021 < 1 && test2021[-1] < 1 || test2021[1] < 1 && test2021 < 1, 1, 0)" nprocs=10

In the attached file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eusufL8JLysac0wLfWC6oub0IM79e-KO/view?usp=sharing

I show an extract of the the values of a given pixel in the study area.

In the first week the value of the map "test_consecutive_days_rr_maggiore_1mm is 10  (7 + 3). 7 is the weekly base. 3 is the number of times in which a rainy day is preceded [-1] or followed [+1] by another rainy day. This happen in 2021-01-05, 2021-01-09, 2021-01-10 (in fact 3 days).

What is not fitting my needs here is the fact that between the 2021-01-05 and 2021-01-09  there are other days without rainfall. Actually we have not 3 consecutive days in this week!! We have 2 consecutive days: 2021-01-09, 2021-01-10 and another rainfall day at the start of the week.

I would like to have, in this first week, the value of 9 (7+2) not 10 (7+3), because I'm interested in the annual maximum length of wet spell, in days.

I hope I was able to explain myself

Thank you again

Ivan