On 30/04/2023 21:47, Rich Shepard wrote:
When I invoke grass using a location and PERMANENT map set, and try to
re-project a raster file to it, grass rejects the action because the map to
be transferred has greater boundaries than the target mapset.

The location was created with EPSG:6884
name: NAD83(CORS96) / Oregon North
ellps: grs80
proj: lcc
lat_0: 43.6666666666667
lon_0: -120.5
lat_1: 46
lat_2: 44.3333333333333
x_0: 2500000
y_0: 0
no_defs: defined

Starting grass in that location and the PERMANENT mapset I find this region:
g.region -p
projection: 99 (NAD83(CORS96) / Oregon North)
zone:       0
datum:      ** unknown (default: WGS84) **
ellipsoid:  grs80
north:      1
south:      0
west:       0
east:       1
nsres:      1
ewres:      1
rows:       1
cols:       1
cells:      1

What you do is run the r.proj module with the '-g' flag. That gives you the region settings in the current mapset that would match the region of the input raster from the other mapset. Then you use those setting as input to g.region. So:

new_region=`r.proj -g location=<original_location> mapset=<original_mapset> input=<original_raster>`

g.region -ap $new_region

What did I do incorrectly? And, how to I fix it so I can reproject the map
to the project's region?

TIA,

Rich

Micha Silver