Hi Mark,

I think the easiest setup for your requirements would be to forward the
messages processed by the locked down Graylog2 server to the "user-facing"
Graylog2 server via the GELF output. This way you could filter messages or
run extractors in exactly one place and just forward the final messages to
the instance users can run searches on.

If you were sending the log messages to both Graylog2 instances directly,
you would need to set up filters and extractors on both of them and keep
them in sync.

Cheers,
Jochen