Still flailing without guidance I have some more questions. I
changed elasticsearch_discovery_zen_ping_unicast_hosts = 127.0.0.1:9300,
and with 9300 it appears that the default index (node) is being filled.
Graylog creates a second node that I don't believe I need (port 9350 which
I didn't set or chose), but if I look at the elasticsearch parameters after
adjusting heap size in sysconfig, Graylog "Nodes" is showing me the heap
size for the index that isn't being used (the one set in
/etc/sysconfig/graylog-server). The memory usage fluctuates as though
something is happening, but that index is totally empty. The default
dynamically named index is filling, and I have increased the heap size
there in /etc/sysconfig/elasticsearch. So the web interface is showing me
status on the unused index (node).