Hi Jochen,
    If i build a shell script using the API and move the closed indice
files to different location, would a elasticsearch restart is required in
order to refresh itself and the graylog?

Based on your suggestion, my plan is to grep for closed indices using API
and zip/move all the indices to a different location.
Would this help or should i just copy the file to a different location and
delete the source with the help of curator.

Any ideas to include log rotation policy roles into elastic search in the
future release.

Thanks,
Hema