I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a strategy for eliminating certain
classes of collected logged events. In particular I have 3 compute
"clusters". Each one does NAT DHCP for the compute nodes. I prefer that the
head nodes continue to collect logged compute node traffic, but I have no
need to see them on the log collector. Nor do I want the "Sources" list
clogged up with 200 compute node names. It seems to me there are several
possible strategies for getting rid of them. I was hoping someone might
suggest the "best practice". One possible "issue" is on the older cluster
running CentOS5 the nodes run syslogd (not rsyslogd), which is much less
flexible to configure. I actually had to replace syslogd on the head node
with rsyslog to get the output I wanted for graylog.