Hi there

I went through the documentation for setting up the Cloudtrail plugin
for US-WEST-2 and US-EAST-1 and got it all working - the Cloudtrail
records showed up in graylog/elasticsearch

Then I configured the same S3 bucket for all the other regions - and AWS
console shows a new hierarchy of "directories" (or whatever AWS calls
such things) showed up under the S3 bucket - demonstrating to me that
all regions are now logging to the same bucket

As I had already got US-WEST-2 and US-EAST-1 working, I simply created a
bunch of new Inputs using the same creds - with only the region being
different. But it didn't work: their data isn't being logged into
graylog and server.log is full of the appended error. Yes I checked and
they are all configured the same way :-)

I'm not that knowledgeable about AWS, but I can't see how it's not
working. It all looks like it's dumping to the one S3 bucket correctly
within the AWS console, and graylog is working for two regions - so how
can the other ones not be working? Do you have to set more permissions
for some reason? (I can't see how - if it was a perms issue, surely
US-WEST2/US-EAST-1 wouldn't work either?). I've tried deliberately using
bad creds and get a different error - so that's not it

Any ideas what I've screwed up? Thanks

Jason

2015-08-24T05:21:45.578-04:00 ERROR [CloudTrailSubscriber] Could not
read messages from SNS. This is most likely a misconfiguration of the
plugin. Going into sleep loop and retrying.
com.amazonaws.services.sqs.model.QueueDoesNotExistException: The
specified queue does not exist for this wsdl version. (Service:
AmazonSQS; Status Code: 400; Error Code:
AWS.SimpleQueueService.NonExistentQueue; Request ID:
cf8f9757-6553-5c24-b2cf-d903813a3862)
    at
com.amazonaws.http.AmazonHttpClient.handleErrorResponse(AmazonHttpClient.java:1077)
    at
com.amazonaws.http.AmazonHttpClient.executeOneRequest(AmazonHttpClient.java:725)
    at
com.amazonaws.http.AmazonHttpClient.executeHelper(AmazonHttpClient.java:460)
    at
com.amazonaws.http.AmazonHttpClient.execute(AmazonHttpClient.java:295)
    at
com.amazonaws.services.sqs.AmazonSQSClient.invoke(AmazonSQSClient.java:2339)
    at
com.amazonaws.services.sqs.AmazonSQSClient.receiveMessage(AmazonSQSClient.java:1072)
    at
com.graylog2.input.cloudtrail.notifications.CloudtrailSQSClient.getNotifications(CloudtrailSQSClient.java:41)
    at
com.graylog2.input.cloudtrail.CloudTrailSubscriber.run(CloudTrailSubscriber.java:80)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Corporate Information Security Manager, Trimble Navigation Ltd.
Phone: +1 408 481 8171